Print Test Page
What is a printer test page?
A printer test page is nothing but a test print that checks the efficiency of your printers and the magnitude of colors that are being pushed through the printer head. Almost all modern day printers have built in software to print a test page to check for printer ink. The procedure varies from brand to brand and there is no single button available, making it tricky to print directly from your printer. The steps provided by the brand HP and Epson are different as compared with Brother, Canon or Samsung. We have different types of pages for printer testing as per your requirement, all you need is to follow our step by step procedures depending upon the type of printer (Color / Black and White).
Black & White Print Test Page
Click on the button below for Black and White Print Test Page and check the ink.
Color Print Test Page
Click on the button below for Color Print Test Page and check the ink.
Click on the button below for CMYK and RGB Print Test Page and check the ink.
How to Print a Test page in Windows
Steps for Windows 10
1. Go to the search bar (located at the bottom left of your computer screen)
and search for “Printers and Scanners”
2. Click on the Printers and Scanners option and you will se a new box opens up in front of you.
3. Look for your printer in the list provided by the system.
4. After locating your printer, click on the printer and select “Manage”
5. Under Manage your device lists, you can see the very first option to “Print a test page”
6. Click on the option and check your printer to see if the page was printed correctly.
7. If you feel the print quality was not good, try replacing the printer ink or cartridge and repeat step 4,5 and 6.
8. If you are still facing issues while printing a test page, you can try our test page pdf file shared on the top.
Steps for Windows 8
1. Go to Control Panel of your system.
2. Search “Devices and Printers” and click on it.
3. Look for the printers in the list displayed, right click on the selected printer and choose “Printer Properties”
4. Click on the option “Print Test Page” and wait for your printer to complete the task.
Steps for Windows 7
1. Go to Control Panel on your system and click on “Hardware and sound”
2. Search for “Devices and Printers”.
3. Right click on your desired printer from the displayed list of printers and select “Printer Properties”.
4. Click on “Print Test Page” and you will see your printer performing the said task.
How to Print a Test page in Mac
1. On the upper left side of the screen you will see the “Apple” icon. Click on this icon.
2. Select “System Preferences” and “Printers and Scanners”
3. Look for your printer in the list and select your desired printer.
4. Now click on the option “Open Print Queue” and remove any pending print command.
5. Select “Option & Supplies” and click on “Utility” when a new window opens up.
6. Under Utility tab, select the option “Print Test Page”
HP Printer color print page
HP Printer checker step by step guide for color print page in Windows 10, 8, 7.
1. Make sure the paper tray is loaded with A4 size paper.
2. Press the Power button to turn on your printer.
3. Open the HP Printer Assistant software from the installed application list. Alternatively, you can type “HP Smart” in the search bar.
4. Now click on “Maintain your Printer” and go to “Device reports”
5. Select “Print Diagnostic Information” for a detailed information of your printer along with the ink status.
Why do we need to print a test page for printers?
Printer is an electronic device that prints paper archives from your laptops, desktops and mobile gadgets. This incorporates text reports, pictures, or a blend of both. Inkjet and Laser are the two most regular kinds of printers. Inkjet printers are regularly utilized for domestic use, while laser printers are generally used in companies that require fast and cheap prints regularly.
Why do we need to test print?
Let us know the reasons why we need to print test page. A printer test page will help you uncover any kind of faults that is faced by the device. The issues a test page can identify can related to alignment, cartridge issue, color fill, or the ink level. By printing a test page you can tackle these issues more quickly and precisely.
How to Print a test page?
In order to print a record, the information must be sent from your device to the printer. Numerous applications, for example, Microsoft word, Adobe Acrobat Reader have an option of “print command” in the menu bar. The short cut to print on Windows operating system is (CTRL+P).
Few printers are connected through WIFI and some are connected with USB. Make sure the printer is connected to the device before you give the print command. In case of domestic use where the Printers are not used very frequently, it is advisable to print every week to prevent the ink from drying out. The printer head also gets damaged if not used for a prolonged time.
Regular checks like these help maintain printing efficiency and life of printers.
Color Printer Test Page
It is impossible to judge the color quality simply by looking at the test page. We recommend you to compare the image depicted on the screen to the test print page you have in hand. Simply click on the image and right click to save this image on your system. Give the print command and wait for the printer to print.
Black and White Printer Test Page
We have provided the gradient value as this is the only way to test the quality of the black and white printers. You can also compare the gradient level as shown on the image in the screen of our website to compare the two test pages. Follow these steps:
- Right click your mouse button our touch pad and select “save image”.
- Open the image on your system and take a print to check and compare the results.
Q. How to check ink level on HP Printers
A. If you are using Windows, you need to install HP smart app on your system. You will then need to add your printer or it will automatically detect depending upon how latest your printer is. The ink level will be shown on the home screen of your application
Q. Check ink level on Canon Printers
A. Using Windows start menu option, click on settings and then click on devices. Right click on your printer model, and select printing preferences. Click on Maintenance tab and click on View Printer Status. You can check the level of your ink here.
Q. Check ink level on Brother Printers
A. If you have a Brother Status monitor application you can check from the application’s home screen. Else, you can check from Windows control center. If you have Windows 10, go to start menu, click on All Programs, then look for Brother and your printer model name. Then click on Control Center to look for the ink levels in status monitor.
Q. My test page is dull. What should I do?
A. In case the test page print is dull or not up to the standards as shown in the image, you may need to check the printer head if anything is clogged. A paper jam is also a very common problem. In case every thing is okay after the initial trouble shoot, you may need to refill or replace the cartridge of your printer. We urge you to only purchase original cartridges and refills for your genuine printers.